Thursday, August 04, 2011

Accolades for BONC-FATRAC Volunteers


A few notes from the Truckee Donner Land Trust. First from John Svahn:
I work for the Truckee Donner Land Trust. I just wanted to say thanks for coming out and volunteering on the trails at Waddle Ranch, and I look forward to riding on your new work! I also wanted to pass along that both of our trails guys, Kevin and I, are avid mountain bikers as is our entire staff. (Entire staff of 5...) We try to design trails for a fun mtb experience whenever possible, and look to “retrofit” existing ones to make mtb riding more fun as well. Our flagship trails project, the Donner Lake Rim Trail, has sections that were designed with mountain bikes as the primary user, and hopefully they deliver.
And from Kevin Starr:
I just wanted to say thanks again to all those who participated and helped with this last weekend’s event. It was great to see so many people fired up on the trail work and I look forward to getting this event going next year again.

No comments: