"Write an email or attend a hearing to support the NORTH FORK TRAIL!
On Aug. 26, 2008, at 8:35 a.m., the Placer County Board of Supervisors will be meeting to consider certifying the Final EIR & approving the North Fork Trail along the American River - in the board chambers at 175 Fulweiler, Auburn.
We WANT the Board to do this so we can FINALLY see construction getting underway on this long-awaited new trail. If you can attend the hearing, great! OR please take 2 minutes NOW to write a short email to your supervisor to ask him to approve this new trail. Please!
Here's the email address for the Board of Supervisors: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line: North Fork Trail Project.
[Contact Jim Haagen-Smit if you have any questions at (916) 663-4626.]
- The trail will be environmentally sound by design.
- What better way to get folks to appreciate nature than by providing a simple trail to access it.
- With high gas prices more & more families are looking for affordable ways to recreate near home.
- A healthier community saves money by dealing with costly health problems associated with obesity.
- Volunteers helped build trails in the area; the community likes to give back by supporting these kinds of projects."