Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Deluge

OK, first it was frost. Now it is the endless days of rain. You see, I knew this was coming. It comes every year, "it" being the long spell of cold rain days that keep me off the trails until I become annoyed and restless. This year it seems particularly frustrating, as I have been very focused on achieving a high level of fitness.

Sure, I could use a trainer or go to the gym. But those things are B-O-R-I-N-G. One of the wonderful things about mountain biking is that it is so much fun that I don't notice how hard I work while I am on the bike. It gets me in shape without forcing me to think about the pain. In the gym or on the trainer, that is all I think about.

But in case my complaining is getting you down, think about how nice it is not to deal with dust on the trails :-/

No comments: