Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Making New Trail Experiences

This time of year, I begin to obsessess about higher elevation trails. I wonder what is yet clear of snow and what Sierra adventures I'll experience this year before the snow takes it all away again. Even after seven years of living in Nevada County, every year, I learn about new high country trails in our area that are fantastically fun to ride.

The Donner Rim Lake Trail could be this year's discovery for me. BONC has a trailwork day planned for July 23rd. What is better yet is that the Truckee Donner Land Trust (the great organization building this trail) has asked us for input on creating fun mountain bike features for this trail. I plan to fully take advantage of this offer and help make a super fun (but sustainable) trail for us to enjoy.

To fire you up for this trail project on 7/23, I have included some images here of the new trail and the great views it affords.

No comments: