We had a super fun party with *amazing* food and free beer, a 40+ person trail building session that broke ground on new local singletrack, two sweet mtb rides, swag handouts, eight new BONC members, an excellent presentation on creating a better bike club and another on building the best possible trails. All during near perfect weather in late November.
View the photo album.
Thanks goes to everyone who volunteered, including:
- Bill Haire and the Land Trust for the trailwork planning and work
- The Sierra Express Racing team who showed up big time for the trailwork
- Chuck Ross and Chris Thibodeau who led the Union Hill team kids as they built a sweet rock freeride feature on the new trail (see pictures)
- Shannon Wright for everything, especially her cooking skills
- Fred Bergman, who among other things arranged sponsorship with Auburn Bike Works (thanks ABW)
- Dave Hughes for being the best ride sweeper ever
- New Belgium Brewing for donation of excellent beer
- Rich Strohl who picked up the excellent beer from Sacto
- Jason and Anna of IMBA for sharing their incredible trail and club knowledge
- IMBA for creating such a great program
- And anyone else I forgot
Hope you can get out and enjoy the trails this Thanksgiving!